Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where did that "Talent" Come From?

Do you wonder why you are good at certain things but not so much in others? Do you ever wonder why you excelled in certain school subjects? For instance I was always good at geography. I not only was good at it but I enjoyed it a lot, while other students did not care for it. I always wondered why I had such a knack for that subject since school overall was difficult for me. As it turned out, the first time I really studied it during my soul journey was in Victorian England.

My parents, who were incredibly wealthy hired a governess (which was a common way for well off children to be tutored). She had taught me geography and I was extremely fascinated by it. The reason for that may have been since I have had so many other previous lives, studying geography may have triggered some fascinating memories from other lands where I had traveled to or resided in my past lives. I developed a strong knack for the subject then, and I obviously had carried it over into this lifetime. Another example of a talent that I had carried over from that lifetime, as well as some others was my ability to write.



I have always loved to write and have always been creative. Ironically, language studies was always quite weak for me. (if you want to read about why, visit my Liberate the Tortured Soul blog post on autism.Yet, I had a strong knack for writing. I even entered a contest in grade four for creative writers and won second place. Not too shabby for a child who had some obvious learning disabilities.

However, after regressing back to my life in Bristol, England during the Victorian era, I found out that all I did was write. I know that was not my first incarnation where my writing ability had been developed. However, it was the first incarnation since many previous ones that I had gotten back into creative writing. I wanted to carry that talent into this incarnation. So that is what I am doing. My writing style in this life is quite different from how it was then. Nevertheless, I still carried the trait regardless of what my style is. I had also never taken any courses in creative writing. When I started writing my first book My Five Autobiographies, it just came out naturally as if I had been writing before. That is because I have.

If you have a talent in this life where you had no idea where it had stemmed from, it is likely a talent carried from a previous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment